2017 Student Honors Flute Choir
directed by Naomi Seidman
January 12 Update:
All currently registered students will be receiving music shortly.
There is still room for more students to participate - please send in your application ASAP, no later than January 31st.
- The Honors Flute Choir is open to any current outstanding middle and high school flutists
- Your flute teacher or band director has recommended you for this ensemble based on the criteria outlined in the director’s letter.
- Membership in the Flute Society is required (Individual Student ($30) or member of a Studio/Group (varies by teacher) If not already a member, please click here to register.
Instruments and Music:
- Students are to bring their own flutes and piccolos (if playing piccolo). Please make sure that personal instruments are in good condition for optimal performance.
- Alto and Bass flutes will be provided for the rehearsal and concert for anyone chosen to play them.
- Participants will be sent music ahead of time and should become familiar with all of the pieces prior to the rehearsal date. Please be sure that the email address on the application is the one to be used for sending music and all communications.
Dates, fees, etc.:
- You must be available for the rehearsal on Friday, March 17, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM and should plan to attend the flute fair which starts at 9 AM on March 18. Exact time of rehearsal will be determined in January. The concert is scheduled for 5:00 PM on 3/18.
- Complete the online application below and submit $10 registration fee by December 31, 2016 in order to participate. There will be a maximum of 30 participants in the ensemble. No late applications will be accepted unless the max number has not been reached.
- Any additional parents/chaperones who attend the flute fair with you must be registered as a guest. They can be registered online or at the door on Saturday - $10 per guest. Those guests coming only for the concert are admitted free.
- All Membership fees and registration fees must be paid online via PayPal
For more information contact Renae Block, president at firstname.lastname@example.org.